It’s so important to have organizations like the NFB (The National Federation of the Blind). Such organizations provide many valuable services to their members. It’s organizations like the NFB who are assisting people who are blind or visually impaired succeed in life. They are making it possible for these individuals to become their own, “Agent of Change.” Please share the following information.
The National Federation of the Blind of New York State, Inc., proudly announces our 2022 Scholarship Program. Scholarships will be presented at our State Convention in Buffalo, NY, from October 21st to 23rd, 2022.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- You are a resident of New York State.
- You are legally blind.
- You are currently accepted in or enrolled in a degree program at the undergraduate, graduate, or postgraduate level.
Applications may be completed online at nfbny.org. All application materials must be received on or before September 17, 2022. A member of the NFB of NYS Scholarship Committee will conduct a brief telephone interview with each applicant prior to September 24, 2022.
NFB of NYS scholarships are awarded on the basis of scholastic excellence, leadership, and community service. In preparing your application, you may wish to keep the following things in mind:
- A well written, carefully edited application will count strongly in your favor.
- The committee members are all successful blind college graduates. Consider how you can most effectively convey your best qualities.
- Since the awards are restricted to blind people, the committee will be interested in the techniques and approaches you use in living as a blind person, as well as your attitude toward and perception of life as a blind person.
- Almost all blind students have financial need. Committee members will assume basic need, so you may choose to refer to this topic only if your need is unusual.
Scholarship finalists are required to attend and participate in the State Convention (at the Federation’s expense). You will be notified a few weeks prior to the convention if you are a finalist. Scholarships will be awarded at our Convention Banquet on October 22, 2022.